Faculty, Residents, and Fellows
Difficulty Accessing Library Resources?
Education & Training Opportunities
Electronic Library Resources
Librarians are assigned to different departments and campuses. They are happy to help you with all your research needs.
All faculty & residents are granted an employee print allotment from IUPUI. This print allotment can be used at any public UITS printer on campus. Visit IU Knowledge Base for a list of STC locations around campus that will have a public printer. To check your current print allotment balance, please visit the Crimson Card homepage.
- Click “Manage Your ID Card” and login.
- Select “My Accounts” > ”Balance History”.
- IUPUI print allotments are not accepted on Ruth Lilly Medical Library printers
- All faculty & residents must purchase additional funds via their Crimson Cardin order to print at Ruth Lilly Medical Library.
Contact your departmental or campus library liaison for assistance with:
- Literature searches or other research for grant proposals, publications, presentations, research, or educational program development
- NIH Public Access issues and creating NIH Biosketches
- Systematic reviews or advanced multi-database literature searches
- Publishing information, including journal impact factors, instructions for authors, etc.
(All the above services are available to you with more specific information below.)
What do I need to login/access the Medical Library’s resources?
- All active IU School of Medicine faculty, staff and students who have an IU network ID (username and passphrase) are able to access Medical Library resources.
- To streamline access to the library, use of the IU Virtual Private Network (VPN, also known as Pulse Secure) is recommended (but not required). Other options include:
- Use the EzProxy Bookmarklet
- Authenticate using your IU School of Medicine username, passphrase, and DUO to access the resource.
How can I find out if I already have an IU School of Medicine computer username and passphrase?
- Search the IU directory; if listed, then an IU School of Medicine network ID should already be established. For assistance with activating your account or resetting the passphrase, contact HTS (Health Technology Services) at 317-274-5336.