General Information for Faculty and Residents
Departmental or campus librarian liaisons are available to assist with activities such as:
- Assistance with or provision of literature searches or other research for grant proposals, publications, presentations, research or educational program development
- Assistance with NIH Public Access issues and creating NIH Biosketches
- Provision of systematic reviews or advanced multi-database literature searches
- Assistance with publishing information, including journal impact factors, instructions for authors, etc.
- Assistance with locating Health-Related Statistics
- Assistance with author searching, citation tracking and more, see our Medical Library Research Guide
Ask questions about anything at Ask a Medical Librarian
Education and Training Opportunities
- Advanced literature search training in Ovid or PubMed Medline
- Advanced training for focused subject searching on multiple databases
- EndNote (citation management software) classes and advanced consultation
- Recurring classes are available on a wide variety of topics
Order articles or borrow books online via Content Management and Delivery. There is no charge for this service.
Volunteer / Adjunct IU School of Medicine Faculty
All of the above services, with more information below:
What do I need to login/access the Medical Library’s Resources?
Most library resources are IP-restricted. This means that while on the IUPUI campus, IU School of Medicine faculty, staff, and students can connect to a resource without having to login. If off-campus (off campus includes IU Health Hospitals and buildings), and IU School of Medicine Network ID is required to access library resources.
All Volunteer / Adjunct IU School of Medicine faculty may obtain a Network ID once the formal appointment process is complete and the record is in the University’s Human Resources Database.
To check if you have an IU School of Medicine Network ID, search IU People Finder (https://people.iu.edu/). If your name is listed, your Network ID has been created and you can follow the UITS’ instructions for “Creating my First IU Computing Account” https://one.iu.edu/task/iu/create-my-first-iu-account. If you need assistance with this, contact Clinical Affairs and Information Technology Services at: 317-274-5336 or email@example.com.
How do I access library resources from home?
Visit: https://library.mednet.iu.edu/off-campus-access to learn more about accessing library resources off campus. Please keep in mind you will need to Duo Authenticate to access the library resources off campus. For help with Duo, contact Clinical Affairs and Information Technology Services at: 317-274-5336 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who do I contact if I have trouble accessing library resources?
If there are difficulties accessing library resources such as a journal subscription or database, please send an email to Ask-A-Medical-Librarian at email@example.com or call 317-278-9327 Monday-Friday 8am-5pm.
If there is trouble with your Network ID, please check with Clinical Affairs and Information Technology Services at: 317-274-5336 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forgot your Network ID and Password?
Follow instructions “Reset Your IU Passphrase https://kb.iu.edu/d/ataz” provided by UITS to reset your password. If you need assistance with this, contact Clinical Affairs and Information Technology Services at: 317-274-5336 or email@example.com.
Do you offer classes/workshops for volunteer faculty?
Yes! All of our classes are streamed, so you can participate from any location as long as you have internet access. Find current classes and registration forms at https://library.mednet.iu.edu/classes.
What are some recommended library resources?
PubMed/OVID, UpToDate, VisualDx, Clinical Key, Johns Hopkins ABX, Micromedex, AccessMedicine are all available via the Databases A-Z List – https://library.mednet.iu.edu/databases/
Mobile Resources Guide – http://iupui.libguides.com/MobileResources
If you need assistance, do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 317-274-7182.