Login to ILLiad using your IU username and passphrase. First time users will be prompted to fill out a brief form. Select Request Article in the upper left corner, enter in the citation information and submit (to avoid a lot of typing, see Tips for Finding Full Text).
For articles owned by the Library will be processed by the next business day. For articles that need to be requested from other libraries, processing is generally 3 to 5 business days. An email will be received when the article is arrives in the ILLiad system.
ILLiad may be used to:
- Request journal articles, print books (ebooks cannot be ordered through this service at this time), book chapters (ebook OR print), dissertations, and proceedings.
- Monitor the status of requests
- Correct or modify requests
- Request renewals of materials obtained through this service
- View request history
- Review, resubmit, or cancel requests
- Update one’s profile as needed