Printing @ Ruth Lilly Medical Library
The multifunction Ricoh printers in the library have options not previously available on single devices, including:
- Color or B&W
- Printing in simplex (single-sided) or duplex (double-sided)
- Card-swipe access via your Crimson Card
There are two print release stations in the library, one on the first floor and one on the second floor. To send output to a print release station:
- In the print window, select either IN_LIBM_Student_BW1 (for B&W printing) or IN_LIBM_Student_Color1 (for color printing).
- Go to the print release station for the printer you wish to use, and then swipe your Crimson Card in the card reader or log in with your IU Network ID.
- Select one or more of your print jobs from the list, and then, at the bottom of the screen, click Print.
- Log out of the print release station and collect your output from the printer.
The queue selected (ending in "BW1" or "Color1") determines the per-page rate for the output, regardless of the color content of the page. Black and white printing in the library is $.04 per page and color is $.25 using your Crimson Card.
All Medical Students a granted a balance to their print allotment at the beginning of each year. For more information about Medical Student print allotments, please refer to this page from Medical Student Education, https://md.mednet.iu.edu/support-services/printing/. Once you have used all of your Medical Student printing allotment, you must purchase additional funds via your Crimson Card in order to continue printing. To check your remaining balance, please visit the Crimson Card homepage. Click "Manage Your ID Card" and login. Select "My Accounts">"Balance History".
Medical Student print allotments may only be used at the Ruth Lilly Medical Library or in MS016A.
Only Medical Student print allotments will work Ruth Lilly Medical Library printers. For Medical Resident printing options at Ruth Lilly Medical Library, please visit our Medical Faculty & Residents FAQ page.
Print from your Mac/Windows Laptop
- First, establish a connection to the IUSECURE Wireless Network.
- Download the BYOD Package from IUware. If prompted, log in with your IU username and passphrase.
- In your Downloads folder, locate the IU Student Campus Queues.dmg file (Mac) or IU-Campus-Queues_for_x32.exe / IU-Campus-Queues_for_x64.exe (Windows).
- Double-click the file.
- In the window that appears, click Install and follow the prompts.
- After installation is complete, click Finish.
- To print a document, click Print, and then select one of the following print queues:
- IU Campus Black & White Printer
- IU Campus Color Printer
- In the "Print Job Details" window that appears, enter your IU username and then click Print.
- You can then go to a convenient printer to print your document.
Black and white photocopies in the library $.04 per page and color is $.25 using your Crimson Card. Only Medical Student print allotments can be used on Medical Library printers/copiers. Photocopies can be made at the first and second floor print stations. The printer/copier can also be used as a scanner. Scanned documents will be sent directly to your campus email address in pdf format. There is no charge for scanning. If you need assistance with this function of the copier, please ask at the Circulation Desk.
We have a high resolution flatbed scanner located on the first floor of the library. The scanner computer is equipped with Adobe Acrobat Professional for creating pdf versions of your scanned documents. The EPSON Scan program is available for image scans. The scanner is also capable of scanning X-Ray film.
Scantron Test Scanner
There is a Scantron Test Scanner for Faculty to grade exams on the first floor of the library.