Ruth Lilly Medical Library
975 West Walnut Street IB 100
Indianapolis Indiana 46202-5121
Monday-Thursday: 7am to 9pm
Friday: 7am to 6pm
Sunday: 12 to 6pm
Frequently Asked Questions
Unsecured Wireless Access
The IU Guest wireless service is freely available on the IUPUI Campus. It is recommended that all IUSM users connect to eduroam for on campus wireless Internet connections.
Connecting to IU Secure
As of May 10, 2015 – you no longer need to register your device's MAC address in order to connect to IU Secure.
Connect to IU Secure by going to UITS "About IU Secure Wireless" and selecting your OS/device.
If you have questions or need help connecting to IU Secure, contact University Information Technology Services (UITS) at: 317-274-4357 or uits.iu.edu
All Indiana University faculty, staff and students are eligible to check out materials at the Medical Library using their IU identification. Guest cards issued by IUPUI University Library and other Indiana University Libraries to Indiana citizens are not valid at the Medical Library. For more information, see Borrowing Privileges.
Users of the Ruth Lilly Medical Library’s (RLML) computers, networks, and resources are expected to follow Indiana University policies. Non-IU health professionals may use RLML’s computers with a guest log-in account. Guest log-in accounts may be obtained at the circulation desk with a photo I.D. and are valid for 1 day. Due to the limited number of computers available at RLML, IU School of Medicine faculty, staff and students receive priority over guest users. Information on printing, copying and scanning.
Library Bulletin Board & Sign Policy
Ruth Lilly Medical Library staff welcomes IUSM students, staff and faculty to post announcements and advertisements that promote collaboration and community and assists individuals by offering space to post classified ads.
The medical library has a digital sign and five bulletin board posting sites: on the first, second and third floors outside of the restrooms in the southeast corner of the library; on the first floor by the stairs; and on the second floor near the elevators.
- Every sign should have a date, either within the text or a “posted date” written somewhere.
- Signs may remain for 30 days after posted date or one day after event ends.
- Library staff will add a posted date if none exists and the sign will be removed 30 days after that date.
- Library staff may remove postings at its discretion.
Interested in posting on the digital sign?
Please inquire by emailing email@example.com
- Digital signs shall be posted for no longer than 1 week.
- Digital signs that promote events held at the Ruth Lilly Medical Library shall have first priority; all other signs shall be at the discretion of library staff.
- Accuracy of information on the digital sign is the responsibility of the person, group or office submitting the sign.
- Please allow 7 days for digital signs to be posted.
Updated 27 JULY 2015 by Sign Committee
The Ruth Lilly Medical Library (RLML) provides lockers for IU School of Medicine students on the 2nd floor. The lockers are for temporary storage of personal items while students are studying in the library. RLML is not responsible for loss, theft or damage to items stored in the lockers.
Items left in lockers:
- If a user is locked out of their locker, library staff can open the locker. The user will be required to produce a photo ID and fill out a form before the contents of the locker are released. Documentation of the incident will be kept for thirty (30) days..
- If a locker has been in continuous use for more than 24-hours, a warning sticker will be placed on the locker indicating a deadline for removal of items. If not removed by the deadline, the contents of the locker will be removed by two (2) library staff and placed in RLML’s lost and found. Valuables, such as phones and credit cards, will be turned over to campus police.
Contact the circulation desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-274-7182 for questions.