Print and Scan at Ruth Lilly Medical Library
The multifunction Ricoh printers in the library have options not previously available on single devices, including:
- Black and White or Color
- Printing in simplex (single-sided) or duplex (double-sided)
- Card-swipe access via your Crimson Card
To Send Output to a Print Release Station
- In the print window, please choose black and white (BW) or color printer option.
- Go to the print release station for the printer you wish to use, and then swipe your Crimson Card in the card reader or log in with your IU Network ID.
- Select one or more of your print jobs from the list, and then, at the bottom of the screen, click Print.
- Log out of the print release station and collect your output from the printer.
The queue selected (ending in "BW1" or "Color1") determines the per-page rate for the output, regardless of the color content of the page. Black and white printing in the library is $.04 per page and color is $.25 using your Crimson Card.
All Medical Students are granted a balance to their print allotment at the beginning of each year. For more information about Medical Student print allotments, please refer to this page from Medical Student Education. Once you have used all of your Medical Student printing allotment, you must purchase additional funds via your Crimson Card in order to continue printing. To check your remaining balance, please visit the Crimson Card homepage. Click "Manage Your ID Card" and login. Select "My Accounts">"Balance History".
Print from your Mac/Windows Laptop
- First, establish a connection to eduroam, the IU wireless network.
- Download the BYOD Package from IUware. If prompted, log in with your IU username and passphrase.
- Download and install Print BYOD package from IUware.
- To print a document, click Print, and then select one of the following print queues:
- Medical Library Black & White Printer (IN_LIBM_Student_BW1 on EWA-PRNP06)
- Medical Library Color Printer (IN_LIBM_Student_Color1 on EWA-PRNP06)
- In the "Print Job Details" window that appears, enter your IU username and then click Print.
- You can then go to a print release station to print your document.
Black and white photocopies in the library cost $.04 and color copies $.25 per page, using your Crimson Card. Only Medical Student print allotments can be used on Medical Library printers/copiers. Photocopies can be made on the first and second floor print stations. The printer/copier can also be used as a scanner.
Scanned documents may be directed to an IU email address, yours or any that you designate. There is no charge for scanning, but you must swipe your Crimson card to scan. If you need assistance with this function of the copier, please contact our Circulation Desk.